For most of us, the pandemic has brought changes to our lifestyle. My daily "work uniform" had already been Athleisure but since social distancing, I have rarely "dressed up" and beautiful pieces are hanging unworn in my wardrobe. I am determined to find ways to wear them more but in the meantime, I am not rushing to buy many new clothes. I have bought a few little accessories though. Accessories so often update and enliven an existing wardrobe.
|H&M Black Quilted Bag and AirPods Case, |
Accessorize Pearl & Gilt Earrings
- At H&M I fell immediately for the Small Black Quilted Shoulder Bag in imitation leather. H&M actually intend it to be a Mobile Phone Bag and it is exactly the right size to hold my smartphone, plus it has a card pocket inside and there’s room for a lipstick 💄and comb.
- I couldn’t resist the Tiny Mock-croc “Handbag” either, which is designed to hold AirPods. I’ll probably use it as a handy coin purse/bag charm.
- I had recently lost one of a fave pair of pearl and gilt earrings and was looking for a new pair. I was delighted with this pair of Pearl and Pave Stud Earrings from Accessorize. The faux pearl is set in gold-tone metal with tiny diamantes.
As I am very small in both height and build, I naturally look for little pieces that are in proportion to my size. Sometimes I even wander into the Kids section and look at the accessories. Their plain beanies and scarves are good for me as large grownup scarves and hats often drown me. Of course I look for suitable styles.
|H&M Kids Leopard Print Alice Band and Sunglasses|
- I think that Leopard is chic in small touches like little bags and belts etc. and the Leopard Print Alice Band caught my eye. A different take on usual Leopard, the colours are black and beige pattern on a rust coloured background.
- Then I saw the similarly patterned Leopard Pint Cat Eye Sunglasses but the colours here are brown/black/beige. The tinted UV-Protective lenses are UV400 standard. I wondered if they would be too small for me but they’re fine. After all, with my latest pair of reading glasses, my optician introduced me to a brand that specialised in frames for petite faces!
I did enjoy my little bit of retail therapy. 🛍️😊
I hope you are all keeping safe and well. 🌈
The items shown above were NOT GIFTED.